Just as my Korg KDM-2 was giving up the ghost (after using it for more than 10 years) I was browsing for another replacement KDM-2 when lo and behold, I read online about the new KDM-3 metronome! Talk about being serendipitous. Needless to say, I ordered one straightaway.
- The KDM-3 now has an authentic metronome and bell sound, plus 7 other sounds! There is also a female voice which counts the beats.
- It’s available in either black or white. Take your pick.
- I read online that its sound is even louder than that of the KDM-2. I can’t verify this until I get my own unit. EDIT: Yes, the sound is just as loud, if not louder, than the KDM-2.
- The KDM-3 requires 4 AAA batteries to function. When the batteries are nearly depleted, a flashing battery icon is displayed on the top left of the LCD display.
- New in the KDM-3 is a Timer mode. You can program the metronome to stop after a length of time. Useful if you want to start practicing with it but have it stop at a predetermined time.
- Unfortunately, there is still no back-lit display. And I wish Korg would include a pouch or case for it.
You can get further details of the KDM-3 at Korg’s USA website. I will update this post when I receive mine. Stay tuned.
EDIT: I received my KDM-3 today and am amazed that it’s so small and cute. It’s certainly less bulky than the KDM-2 and yes, it’s more aesthetically pleasing to look at. The thing I like best in this new KDM-3 is the authentic metronome and bell sound…although the electronic pulse sound from the KDM-2 is included too.