Having used Korg’s excellent KDM-2 for a few years now, I’m hoping that the KDM-3 (at least I assume that’s what the next version will be called) will be coming out soon. Here’s my wish list for it:
- Backlit LCD display
- A push-button number pad AND a rotary dial for inputting speeds
- A real metronome and bell sound
- A female and/or male voice to count out the beats (Note: some people might see this as a gimmick but I think it’s a nice touch. Moreover it has been featured in Yamaha’s latest Clavinovas)
- A choice of colors—black is always in fashion, but how about red, gold, brown, etc? A digital metronome could be the next fashion statement!
- A more powerful speaker system compared to the KDM-2. Don’t get me wrong, the KDM-2 is pretty loud, but…oh well.
- The ability to use rechargeable batteries would be nice
- A soft carrying pouch or case
If you have any other suggestions, feel free to drop me a comment.